Properties of FRP/GRP/Composite
- FRP as a material is resistant to sunlight, water, chemical water, sewerage water.
- UV stabilizer is added to the raw material to impart UV resistance
- FRP has high impact resistance as it is flexible and not brittle. Hence, in case of excess load bearing the FRP covers /gratings do not disintegrate into pieces like Cast Iron or Ductile Iron.
- The strength to weight ratio in FRP is much higher than other materials. Hence, the strength is higher even with lesser weight of FRP.
- During manufacturing, FRP cures at a self exothermic temperature of 175°C.
- FRP is a thermoset material (non reversible and cannot be melted) and not a thermo plastic (reversible and can be melted). Hence, the non reprocessability protects it from theft and extreme sunlight does not soften the material
- FRP is a suitable material under extreme hot and cold conditions.
- FRP can be destroyed by burning in incinerator.
Features Of Fibrocast FRP / GRP / COMPOSITE Manhole Covers
- FRP’S high strength to weight ratio allows for the production of lightweight casting that offer what can amount to a 65% weight saving over traditional grey Cast iron or Concrete equivalents.
- The high strength inherent with FRP not only minimizes the risk of failure when installed but reduces the likelihood of breakages in transit and while off-loading.
- In a market place that is increasingly being encouraged to specify products that offer less of a manual handling risk, the dead weight of the castings or Concrete during both installation and actual operation in service is recognized as a key feature and obvious attribute.
- FIBROCAST FRP Manhole Covers are available in standard granite finish and are also available in any other colour specified by client.
- All FIBROCAST Covers are self-pigmented and hence, does not require painting. However, if wanted they can be painted for numbering in certain cases.
- All FIBROCAST products are UV stabilized and hence, there is no effect of sunlight.
- Due to poor heat transfer properties of FRP, FRP Covers do not absorb heat and remains at normal temperature under sunlight. Hence, it is convenient to handle FIBROCAST FRP Manhole Covers under extreme hot conditions.
- As the FRP Manhole Covers are flexible and do not disintegrate into pieces due to excess load bearing imparted on the cover, accidents on roads are avoided as the chambers are not left open even in case of cracking of cover.
- All lifting keyholes are bottom closed. This does not allow foul smell to emanate from the Chamber & does not allow foreign particles to enter the Chamber.
- All Manhole Covers are double seal
- All lifting key holes have High Strength Plastic Alloy / Stainless Steel. This does not allow the FRP to get damaged around the key holes due to multiple lifting operations.